Meet Vita, Regulatory Affairs
Tell us a bit about yourself:
I’m a pharmacist. And I think this is wonderful profession where you can prove yourself in different areas. I like to have the feeling that my job saves people’s lives or just helps to improve the quality of life.
I like an active lifestyle – skiing, skating, cycling…. But since childhood I have dreamed of dancing. Latvian folk dances and folk dress are things I’ve been interested in and pursuing for many years.
Where did you study?
I graduated from the Latvian Medical Academy in 1990, which is now renamed as Riga’s Stradins University. In 2006 I finished my PhD study there, and got a doctorate in pharmaceutical science. I also completed a one-year program at the Latvia Business School in business management and marketing in 1997.
In which Roche location are you currently working? What can you tell us about that location?
I am working in the small but powerful affiliate of Roche Latvia, located in Riga. Riga is the capital of Latvia – one of the Eastern European countries. Sometimes people say that Riga looks like a small Paris, but we Latvians used to joke and say the opposite - Paris is like a big Riga.
Why did you decide to join Roche?
Roche is a great place to work. The pharmaceutical industry has always interested me. Already since student times I worked for 10 years in a local pharmaceutical company, Grindex, in sterile production. Roche gave me the opportunity to work in a big international pharmaceutical company and use my knowledge and experience to provide patients with great medicines.
What is your current job?
Currently I work in two main areas: Quality as and Regulatory Affairs.
Can you pick one of the attributes of Roche and explain in detail what they mean to you?
- Respect – people’s needs.
- Roche is a company with a good reputation. Health Authorities respect Roche as an honest and innovative company. I identify myself with this company.
- Business colleagues respect my job. I am usually invited to participate in management team meetings and business unit meetings. I can be proud of the trainings which I have provided to business people as Quality and Regulatory manager.
- My boss trusts me and I always feel support from the management side.
- I have the possibility to work in an area I really like, and Roche supports my professional development.
- Customers’ feedback – Roche has excellent products and service.
Roche is a great place to work because
this company gave me the possibility to increase my professional value, develop my knowledge and gain experience in different industrial pharmacy areas.
How would you describe the people working here?
People are highly motivated and confident, and they are intelligent and creative when they have to solve problems and find solutions.
What would you advise job seekers who want to join us?
You have to be honest and self-confident. Everything is in your hands.
Thanks for your story!