Third German Diversity Day - Today marks the start of the “Culinary Diversity Week” at Roche
Have you ever tried Mercimek Corbasi, Gado Gado or Svickova?
During “Culinary Diversity Week”, Roche employees present their favorite recipes under the motto “This is my homeland as it lives, breathes and eats”. In the canteens of the Mannheim and Penzberg sites, they will whisk you away to their countries with fragrances, flavors and a feast for your eyes. Let’s go on a culinary journey around the world, where you will get to know the homelands of our colleagues in a somewhat different manner.
The Culinary Diversity Week marks the Third German Diversity Day. All around June 9 hundreds of companies and institutions will demonstrate what diversity means to them at the initiative of the association “Charta der Vielfalt” (Diversity Charter). “Living diversity is part of our identity and self-image,” explains Susanne A., Diversity & Inclusion Manager at Roche. Roche Germany has also committed this image to the “Charta der Vielfalt”.
Diversity originally comes from sociology and means something like variety: People are different, yet regardless of culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion, everyone should have the same opportunities.
As already mentioned, you can find the favorite dishes of our employees in the Roche canteens for one week. The employees had time to submit traditional recipes from their homelands and our jury, consisting of the respective Casino management and our cooks, developed an international menu with the winning submissions. By the way, the winners will also be standing over the pots and pans and cooking their dishes together with the Roche cooks.
The following dishes can be tasted in the canteens in both Mannheim and Penzberg:
- Turkish Lentil Soup Mercimek Corbasi
- East German Hunter’s Schnitzel with Tomato Sauce
- Indian Poultry Korma
- Pudim de leite condensato (Brazilian Condensed Milk Pudding)
- Fränkische Blaue Zipfel (Franconian Sour Bratwurst)
- Italian Pasta Amatriciana
- Hard-boiled Eggs with Frankfurter Green Sauce
- Indonesian Vegetable Salad Gado Gado
- Austrian Mühlviertler Speckknödel im Reindl (Bacon Dumplings in a Pan)
- American Chicken Fajitas
- Svickova (Bohemian Roast Sirloin)
- Italian Schlutzkrapfen (Tyrolean ravioli)