At Roche, our values: “passion, integrity and courage” are not just empty words – we try to live our values every single day. We take the time to understand and challenge each other on our values through workshops, etc., and we utilize those values in our daily interactions with each other, as well as with our customers and collaboration partners.
Our Work/Life Balance
“Over the years, I have been given more and more responsibility, and each day still offers challenging tasks. Our flexible working hours mean that I have the perfect opportunity to balance family and work life. Furthermore, flexibility also meets customer demands, many of whom would like to receive service at times other than the usual 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.”
Johnni E, Service
When we at Roche talk about our core value of integrity, we also consider the work/life balance.
One example is that many employees have young children and value the opportunity to work outside the normal office hours. This is possible through flexible working hours and the option of working from home. Almost all the employees have laptops, broadband at home, iPhones/Black Berrys, and many have an iPad. These measures enable a high degree of “freedom with responsibility”.
We value a good balance between our employees’ work lives and private lives, and we truly believe that happy and well-balanced people perform best.
“It makes me proud that Roche not only talks about, but really practices, social responsibility at a number of levels. This gives me, as an employee, the opportunity of contributing to both short-term and long-term projects, which I would otherwise not have access to. At Roche, we wish to help others – with our products, our time and our energy.” Joan L, Marketing
At Roche, we are committed to sustainability and thus, to running our business in a way that is ethical, responsible and gives rise to long-term value. Sustainability is an integral part of the way we do business - now and in the future.
Corporate social responsibility is deeply rooted in our way of thinking and working. We work to improve public health, and we see our commitment as an important part of our business strategy. Thus, we incorporate CSR as a central element in our business model. We have integrated CSR at both a local and a global level, so that we can contribute to a better and more sustainable society by investing in, and engaging in, people, the environment and society.
The following are some examples of social responsibility projects initiated by Roche Denmark:
- Financial support to various patients’ organizations
- The Breast Friends campaign (fundraising for research in breast cancer)
- Children’s Walk (fundraising for AIDS orphans in Malawi)
- The Annual Brain Tumor Day
- Healing architecture
- Team Rynkeby
Social and Cultural Diversity
“Roche has proved to be a very good place to “restart” my working life. My colleagues were incredibly open and welcoming and involved me from day one, so that I very quickly felt that I was part of the Roche family. It has been great to experience the dynamism of an organization where so much is invested in an intern.” Birte H, Marketing
In Roche Denmark, we believe that we, as a company, have a social responsibility and thus have an obligation to give people who, for some reason or other, need to restart their working life, a second chance. Within the past couple of years, we have gained experience with schemes for interns, wage subsidy jobs and work ability testing with great success.
Equal opportunities are at the core of Roche’s global HR policy:
- We believe that open communication is the key to obtaining our goals. All of our employees are encouraged to actively communicate with their supervisors, and informal face-to-face meetings are an important part of that communication.
- We believe that our employees’ differences are a strength.
- We do not allow any discrimination at Roche based on gender, race, age, religion, civil status, sexual orientation, handicap or other characteristics which have been protected by law.
- We do not tolerate any form of mental, physical or sexual harassment, or other assaults which violate the right of an employee to be offered respect and dignity while working for Roche.