Congratulations on your decision to apply for a position at our great company!
The first thing to do now is perform a search for jobs that matches your skills and interests. You can search by functional area, job type, location, or keyword as well as many other filters. For additional information on Roche and our recruitment process please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Creating/updating your Roche Talent Pool Profile
In joining the Roche Talent pool you can choose to be notified by e-mail as soon as a position matching your preferences becomes available. Typically the registration process can take 10 - 15 minutes. It’s important to set up your preferences correctly in order to receive relevant jobs that match via email.
- You can upload a Resume/CV and parse the details so it prepopulates your profile.
- You can manage your Resume/CV and any other supporting documents (e.g. cover letter, certificates, and references).
- Enter/update your contact information. You can select to receive email notifications when a job matches your preferences on this page. Important fields are, Job Level (this sets for example if you want a manager role or entry level etc.), Job Type (this sets for example if you are looking for an internship or regular employee), Schedule (this sets if you would like full time or part-time work), and Shift (this sets the working hours you would like).
- Enter in Education and Work Experience. Your resume should accurately reflect your academic achievements and accomplishments.
- Step up your Preferences. Enter in the Job Field (the area you would like to work in) and Locations (where you would like to work). When setting your preferences the more specific (e.g. Sales/Sales Force) you are the less notifications you will receive. When your preferences are quite broad (e.g. Sales) you will receive more notifications.
- Based on the preferences you set up in the previous step you will be asked some mandatory questions.
- Again the final step is a summary of the information you have given. If you wish to modify parts of it, click "Edit" next to the relevant section.
- Click on “Submit” to complete your Roche Talent Pool Profile.
Once set up, we recommend that you check the first few job posting notifications you receive and adapt your preferences if they don’t match your area of interest. There could be a delay from when you receive the email notification about a matching position to when it’s available online to apply (up to 2 hours). Please check back regularly.
Applying online at Roche
Using the job search you can find positions that match your skills and interests. You can search by functional area, job type, location, or keyword as well as many other filters. Once you have found a position you are interested in and click on Apply you will be able to Sign in with your existing Roche Talent Pool profile, Sign in with your Indeed, LinkedIn or Facebook Profile or you can create a new profile.
- Enter/update your contact information.
- Upload your Resume/CV and any other supporting documents (e.g. cover letter, certificates, and references). Please make sure that each cover letter you upload has a unique name for each application you submit at Roche. Don’t forget to mark if the document is your Resume. An attachment cannot exceed the allocated limit of 5 MB (maximum 7 attachments per application and 25 attachments on your profile in total).
If you are applying via a mobile device you can select the option “Email it later”. You will be sent an email where you can reply and send your attachments.
- Profile validation.
- If you do not have a Roche Talent Pool Profile you can select “Auto-generate my account” and a username and password will be created for you.
- If you already have a Roche Talent Pool profile you can enter your login details. Forgotten your password? It’s easy to reset your password just follow the link “Forgot your Password?”.
- If you already signed in earlier you will not need to sign in again.
- As a final step you will get a summary of the information you have given. If you wish to modify parts of it, click "Edit" next to the relevant section. To finalize your application, click Submit. Your application is not complete until you receive a final confirmation email. You can always review or change your application by logging into your profile. On the “My Submissions” page under “My Jobpage”, simply click on “View/Edit Submission”.
Preparing your CV
Only send essential personal information and be sure to include your name and how to contact you in the resume. Include email, phone, and residence address. Do NOT include your gender, date of birth, age, family status, or personal identification numbers.
Education and work experience
Your resume should accurately reflect your academic achievements and accomplishments. Only report your university level education; do NOT include elementary or secondary schooling. However, if you completed a "year abroad" program as part of your pre-university education, feel free to include this in your resume.
We'll look closely at the work experience section of your resume, so the information you provide here is very important. List your experience and projects completed, accomplishments, etc. by your position with each employer. We also want to see concise, important details on your specific accomplishments and the impact your efforts had on your company.
If you worked while attending a university, either during the summer or concurrent with your course work, be sure to mention this even if it isn't specifically related to a potential job at Roche.
Be sure to mention any awards you've received, articles you've published, or conference presentations you've given.
If your skills fit the requirements of the position you applied for, in many cases a phone interview will take place to assesses your technical skills and proficiency. Typically, phone interviews are conducted by a recruiter and last about 30-40 minutes.
Next, you may be invited for some on-site interview. Depending on the location and the position, you will have up to five of them. We value your time and if you need to travel, a maximum of two trips will be asked of you throughout the interview process.
Track your Application at Roche
Your application will now enter the recruitment process – which is typically in three stages. You can easily log in to your profile and review the status of your application at any time.
Stage 1: HR will review your application.
Stage 2: If successful, your application will then be reviewed by the Hiring Manager.
Stage 3: If your skills and credentials are considered a match, you will be contacted for an interview.
Our goal is to update you throughout the recruiting process. The status of your submission can be checked at any time under “My Submissions” page under “My Jobpage”.
Preparing for your interview
If you are interested in working for us, prepare properly for each stage of your job application. Thus you can make sure that you convey all relevant information with regard to your application and give us the best chance to learn about your skills and achievements. We want you to do well in the interview so we can both make the most informed decision possible. This ensures that we make best use of both your own time and ours.
An interview can be perceived as exciting and sometimes even stressful experience. If you feel nervous about an upcoming interview, it can be helpful to practice the interview situation not only to train how to express yourself but also to become clear about your personal aims and ambitions.
The interview is the chance for both of us to find out whether Roche is the right choice for you. It is as much your opportunity to learn about us as it is our opportunity to learn about you. Be authentic and truthful in your answers, and allow your interview partners to get to know you beyond of what is stated in your resume.
Based on the impression and information we gather from both the materials you submitted and your interviews, we will then decide if you are suitable for the job offered. We take hiring very seriously and like to make consensus-based decisions, which means that feedback from several people will need to be collected and evaluated. That's why it can take up to two weeks for the recruiter to be back in touch so please bear with us. Also, feel free to get in touch with your recruiter at any time.
You can find a lot more tips and tricks about resume writing and interviews on our career blog. Make sure to have a look and let us know what you think!