Criteria & Requests
Local donations. Roche affiliates manage their own local donation and sponsorship activities within a common framework and Roche’s global policy. Affiliate giving is thereby restricted to supporting local organisations and programmes that are based and operate their programmes in the same country as the affiliate.
International donations. All international and multinational engagements are handled by Corporate Donations and Philanthropy (CDP).
We focus our resources on a limited number of key projects that can deliver real benefits from our contributions and those of our partners. We give priority to innovative, high-quality projects that meet the following criteria:
- promote sustainable development
- offer an opportunity for Roche to use its expertise and logistics capabilities
- involve Roche actively at an early stage with local authorities and competent local partners
- engage Roche employees in cultural, educational and social activities
- managed by an accredited charity
- Roche does not support projects with a religious, political, commercial or image-building purpose.
- Roche does not fund professional or semi-professional sporting events or mainstream cultural events.
- Only in exceptional cases does Roche participate in charity fund-raising events. Even then, Roche provides direct support rather than collect funds on behalf of third parties.
- Roche restricts product donations to assisting emergency relief efforts and only upon request from local partners or international aid organisations.
- Roche does not support projects intended to replace or compete with government programmes.
Roche does not respond to mass mailings, unsigned requests or those broadcasted throughout the corporation. Roche only makes political donations in exceptional cases, and only to political organizations, never to individuals. Political donations are made in line with prevailing legal and ethical standards.
Roche clearly separates commercial from non-commercial projects. Commercial projects are the responsibility of Roche’s operating divisions, with related costs reported as marketing expenses.
How to make a request
Local or domestic requests
Requests for support should be directed to local management. This enables Roche to respond as quickly as possible. Please consult our Group directory for the nearest Roche affiliate.
Requests for support of programs of an international or global nature may be submitted to Corporate Donations and Philanthropy or sent by post to
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Corporate Donations and Philanthropy
CH-4070 Basel, Switzerland
Please note: We will only consider requests that include a project description, supporting documentation and a signed summarising cover letter. The standard review process can take up to six weeks, depending on additional information we may require for decision-making. Roche has no legal obligation to any fund project.