Our primary role is to discover, develop and launch products that make a big difference in the lives of patients around the world. Breakthroughs in science are furthering our understanding of the mechanisms of disease and we are using this knowledge to develop innovative new therapies and diagnostic tests.
Furthermore, by fitting treatments to specific groups of patients who will best respond to those medicines – “personalised healthcare” – can enable better outcomes and more efficient use of healthcare resources.
In this way we aim to provide value by:
- demonstrating the medical and economic value of our products
- running safe and ethical clinical trials
- ensuring patient safety
- listening and responding to customers’ views
- building relationships with patients groups
- and helping to improve global access to healthcare