We are seeking outstanding candidates to head the Neurosymptomatic Domain Section within the Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Disease (NORD) Discovery and Translation Area (DTA) at Roche. The focus of the Neurosymptomatic Domain Section Head is to develop and lead cutting edge therapeutic strategies, including both biologics and small molecules, to treat psychiatric illnesses such as negative symptoms associated with schizophrenia. The successful candidate will join an industry-leading Neuroscience department with a large portfolio of preclinical and clinical stage projects in psychiatry, neurodevelopmental disorders, neuro-immunology and neurodegenerative disorders. The position will be based in Basel, Switzerland.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a portfolio of preclinical projects aimed at developing new therapies for Neurosymptomatic domains to ensure the timely progression to milestones leading to entry into human studies
- Lead and coordinate the activity of 6-8 laboratories within the Neurosymptomatic domain section
- Oversee research on mechanisms and causes associated with psychiatric illness that encompasses cellular and in vivo models with an emphasis on human biological evidence
- Pioneer exploration into novel disease mechanisms that may have broad implications across disease states
- Oversee the development of new circuit-based models of dysfunction associated with psychiatric illness disorders
- Contribute to the development of a sustainable Neuroscience strategy as a member of the senior management leadership team
- Represent Neurosymptomatic domain research to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as a visionary leader committed to bringing novel medicines to patients in need.