Roche Sequencing Santa Clara's mission is to make genetic information universally available. Our proprietary integrated circuits and NanoTag chemistry enable massively parallel single-molecule DNA sequencing. This versatile nanopore-based platform allows for single molecule, electrical, real-time analysis without the need for complicated optics, labels, amplification, or fluidics. By developing a true integrated circuit on standard semiconductor process technology, Roche Santa Clara’s sequencing platform enables the use of molecular diagnostics in everyday clinical care.
As lab Technician, you will be helping to perform lab experiments
and analyze data to drive development of our sequencing technology. The successful
candidate must be excited about learning new concepts from biology, chemistry,
physics, and some engineering and applying them to an interdisciplinary
project. The candidate will be doing repetitive tasks, such as raw material
release based on CofA’s, therefore should be detail oriented and has strong
record keeping and communication skills.
candidate should also have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving
skills, along with some experimental design experience.
- Can perform experiments in lab
- Has familiarity with pipetting and other molecular biology techniques
- Knowledgeable in basic engineering
- Feels comfortable with data analysis and scientific scripting
- Will help in development and validation of new assays of reagents used for Roche Santa Clara’s sequencing platform
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques
- Familiarity with scientific programming
- Experience with data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work with several different disciplines
- Basic understanding of the Unix environment
- Chemistry or biophysics background is a plus