The System Engineer I at Roche Sequencing Solutions will be part of the system development team focusing on the development of a cutting edge next-generation sequencing (NGS) system for IVD assays and applications. The individual will be part of a team tasked with the design and development of a sample preparation automation solution for the NGS platform.
Experience and Responsibilities:
- Expertise in IVD instrument design and development is essential, particularly in the area of sample preparation automation for molecular diagnostics testing.
- Nucleic acid based diagnostics technology background and next-generation sequencing experience are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of all phases of NGS workflows and data analysis is desirable. Experience with NGS systems development is a plus.
The individual responsibilities are:
- Works under general supervision, to conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- Hands-on with a strong instrument/platform development background, the candidate will be asked to troubleshoot systems, identify opportunities for quality improvements, provide root causes of complex HW-SW interaction problems, and communicate test results and corrective recommendations to the team.
- Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader
- Communicates results of experiments in the form of reports and presentations
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA)
- Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance to Product Requirements
- Works independently with general management direction. Work is reviewed in detail over a specific time frame.
- Writes test cases, and implements and executes automated tests to verify the hardware, software and system performance.
- He or she will work closely with external and internal design teams to understand and resolve product performance issues.