The Oncology group in Assay Development at Roche Sequencing Solutions is a rapidly growing group that is developing the next generation of non-invasive cancer diagnostics using next generation sequencing. This Scientist II position will focus on developing NGS based diagnostic tests for oncology applications, and is in the Development group of “Research and Development”
- Designs and executes assigned research/development laboratory experiments, utilizing established and innovative procedures.
- Resolves technical problems encountered during experimental procedures to improve results.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Troubleshoots and resolves difficult problems in creative ways by taking a new perspective on existing solutions, exploring and implementing new concepts and methodologies.
- Presents findings at group or departmental meetings
- May assist in preparing summaries, memos, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.