The Preformulation unit of the pCMC (pre-clinical Chemistry Manufacturing and Control) department is responsible for supporting projects from lead optimization up to Phase I enabling toxicological studies. Our tasks include the physico-chemical characterization of small molecules, peptides and oligonucleotides and the formulation design and development for preclinical studies. By doing so, our goal is also to identify the most suitable solid state form of drugs and a formulation strategy for our colleagues in late stage development.
During your stay in pCMC Preformulation you will:
- Conduct laboratory work, document technical data with experimental results, and present results to the department
- Learn how to characterize small molecules and to identify appropriate pre-clinical and clinical formulation strategies
- Develop, improve and implement small scale dissolution and precipitation assays
- Be part of a small pharmacist team under the supervision of a laboratory head and the guidance of the team members
- Be exposed to state of the art laboratory and analytical equipment including screening technologies for solubility, dissolution, stability, compatibility, solid state characterization, and small scale formulation development for pre-clinical studies