Roche Kapa Biosystems is looking for an outstanding Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist to join the team. Kapa Biosystems, located in Wilmington, MA, is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of life science reagents for DNA and RNA amplification, sequencing, molecular diagnostic and applied testing applications.
As a Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist you will be leading bioinformatics activities for internal applications projects, including consulting during experimental design and working closely with experimental researchers to generate/provide analysis reports, project reports and perform requested custom analyses to ensure that project goals are met within specified timelines.
In this position you will:
• Serve as a functional expert to the technical support team, assisting in investigating and troubleshooting key account customer issues, ensuring that data is received and processed in a systematic, replicable, traceable and timely manner, as well as communicating results to the customer.
• Ensure that processed data is made available to internal and external customers in a clear, concise and informative format.
• Expand existing and developing new in-house bioinformatics capacity, including the creation, maintenance and utilization of data analysis and visualization pipelines.
• Expand/manage compute resource requirements; coordinate the procurement and installation of new compute resources as needed.
• Stay current on emerging NGS platforms and applications, along with associated data types and analysis paradigms.