The Project Team Leader –NORD will act as the “General Manager” of a project or projects, which means assuming full accountability for the delivery of assigned project(s) (strategy & budget), maximizing its value for pRED and Roche within the programme‘s strategic context as agreed with eSPC. They will represent the best interests of the project and Roche by providing high quality strategic leadership to early global cross-functional disease area project teams within pRED. The PTL will define, lead, motivate, challenge and organize the global project team collectively and individually to define and execute a cutting-edge project strategy in accordance with its goals and budget. They will be aligned to the Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Diseases DTA.
They will lead the project team in defining a clear vision, strategy, objectives and overarching plan, ensuring the incorporation of options according to the principles of time, cost and risk and addresses technical, regulatory, business and operational needs. To enable a seamless transition to Late Development by ensuring top quality input into the early development strategy from colleagues outside pRED, including clinical development, commercial, regulatory and safety colleagues. The PTL will provide critical, cross-functional input into disease area (and pRED ) strategy.
- Specifically accountable for the identification, prioritization and facilitation all key decisions associated with assigned projects
- Sets clear direction for the global early development strategy from CCS to POC, assuring deliverables are met for project transition to lifecycle
- Resolves critical issues that impact the value of the project
- Accountable for ensuring that all team members and functions are aligned behind the objectives of the team and inspires team to achieve challenging goals
- Interacts with functions to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated at the appropriate time and aligned with agreed plan. Escalates expediently if resource and budget impedes progress according to agreed plan
- Leads team to create and document an integrated early research and development project plan and secures agreement on transition plan for life cycle transition of project in direct
- Serves as the interface between the DTA (Discovery and Translational Area) and partner functions on project-related issues; builds effective cross-functional working relationships collaboration with DTA, discovery and pRED heads, and the eSPC