Genia’s mission is to make genetic information universally available through massively parallel DNA sequencing. We are a fast-moving, highly technical team of people with the ambitious goal of disrupting next generation DNA Sequencing. Developing our unique platform requires expertise across a range of fields: software engineering, data science, biology, chemistry, protein engineering, circuit design, and electrochemistry. We're pushing the boundaries in DNA sequencing technology. Our chemistry and biology coupled with our custom hardware creates a system that generates data at tremendous rates, a major challenge for existing technology for data processing.
The Senior Software Engineer helps create “best in class” applications for the management of sequencing instruments, data management and the genomic workflow. You need to be passionate about software and will take the lead to design, develop and install software solutions. You will also build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Architect, design, and implement system software for Genia/Roche sequencing instrument, involving the Kernel and Device Driver development, embedded software and client-server applications
- Propose, develop requirements, prototype and execute new design and implementation concepts in collaboration with the architects and scientists. Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Write clean well-designed, testable, efficient code. All software code must be maintainable, documented and using best engineering practices in the industry (design patterns, TDD, peer review, CI, automated testing etc.). Document and maintain software functionality and design. Participate in design reviews.
- Ability to synthesize user, technical and design requirements into highly usable applications
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Work cross functionally with internal colleagues and peers to share information and best practices while remaining actively involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business