The Bioinformatics, Data Analysis and Statistics (BDAS) group at Roche Sequencing Solutions San Jose is seeking a motivated and driven Data Scientist to join the team. Come join this highly talented and multi-disciplinary team of bioinformaticians, software engineers, and statisticians, and help us develop the next generation of paradigm-shifting molecular diagnostics products that have the potential to improve the quality of healthcare worldwide. The successful incumbent will devote all of his or her professional effort to exploring various high-dimensional datasets to improve the quality of our existing products and to develop new content for future products. The ideal candidate will be passionate about large, multidimensional datasets.
- Design and development of a data management infrastructure to clean, organize, and manage terabytes of research and development data produced by the BDAS team
- Establishment of data management procedures for long-term data storage and access
- Design and development of software libraries providing efficient access to historical data produced by the BDAS group
- Provide statistical support for the CLIA lab using historical data
- Architecture and implementation of an analytical data pipeline
- Integration of internally and externally produced unstructured, semi-structured, and relational data sources.
- Collaboration with other teams to identify and support various needs that are addressed by BDAS data stores.