As a Laboratory Head in Process Chemistry you will be working in the group “Process Chemistry & Catalysis” within the department “Small Molecules Technical Development”.
Behind every presentation of each product sold by Roche is the involvement of Pharma Global Technical Operations (PT). Starting with Phase I of the development process and continuing through to product maturity, PT makes medicines at sites around the world and includes more than 10 000 employees worldwide.
"Global Technical Development" (PTD) is an organization of over two thousand people globally that are integral for the mission of Roche to develop meaningful medicines for patients. Therefore, PTD actively collaborates and develops innovative technical solutions to bridge early-stage, late-stage and commercial product needs. The mandate of the group is, to reliably deliver the pipeline and supply quality products to patients. The group excels in its work through innovation, collaboration, dedication, and mutual respect and adds value every day, continuously improving what it does.
“Small Molecules Technical Development” (PTDC) brings a broad range of experience across drug substance (DS), drug product (DP), analytical sciences and manufacturing sience & technology, and collaborates closely with key partners in the departments Research and Early Development (pRED / gRED), commercial manufacturing (PTC) and PTD. PTDC is responsible for late stage technical development of our small molecules pipeline, manufacture of DS and DP for clinical studies and Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) across our small molecules manufacturing network.
As a laboratory Head in Process Chemistry and Catalysis you will lead a process chemistry lab with 2 to 4 associates responsible for synthesis design and Process R&D of small molecules from entry into human through transfer to commercial manufacturing. Key responsibilities are:
- You will be leading a chemical laboratory team with the responsibility to develop chemical processes suitable for manufacturing pharmaceutical active substances in high quality. The processes will be scalable and robust and covers all aspects of SHE, quality and cost efficiency
- To achieve these goals you will work within an interdisciplinary team of synthetic, analytical and production chemists as well as process safety experts and engineers. You will also interact with our partners from technical regulatory, quality assurance and formulation development in an international environment
- You will assume responsibility for the transfer of new development projects from research, for the subsequent process development for clinical supplies – and, ultimately, for the successful transfer of robust manufacturing processes to commercial production
- You will establish and foster good communication with all partners in the areas of quality assurance, regulatory, and commercial manufacturing
- As a chemical project leader you will be coordinating all activities within Technical Development to guarantee the timely supply of high quality drug substance
- You will be involved in the preparation and review of scientific documentations for regulatory submissions