Responsible for escalated technical issues and critical customer situations for a defined geographic area and specified product line. Provides second level support and direction of instrument service activities for a focused product discipline. Responds to the most difficult instrument problems and provides recommendations for corrective and preventative measures. Serves as the focal point in the field for technical information transfer and exchange with the Field Engineering group. Develops proactive plans to support and service High Value Customers.
Specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field, or business area. Duties are varied and complex often involving research, analysis and solution development. Provides direction on issues of area of expertise and assist department leadership in setting strategic direction. Typically a higher level professional position. Requires the regular use of originality and ingenuity. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field or business function. Is the subject matter expert. Plans, conducts and oversees work involving the largest and most important complex projects. Does not supervise but provides direction to team on projects and assignments. Works with minimum supervision. Reviews progress with management
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
• The Field Engineering Specialist will apply industry acceptable practices and procedures to install, maintain, and repair Roche Diagnostics equipment. Identifies and analyzes complex problems and repairs where possible or escalates to higher level when repairs are not possible. Schedules and performs preventative maintenance and modifications as required per department policy. Monitors customer equipment performance. Responds to most complex and non-routine issues. Serve as in internal resource for the level Field Service Representatives I and II. Refers complex problems and issues to higher levels.
• You will be responsible for ensuring maximizing customer satisfaction with Roche equipment and related products. Demonstrates mastery in establishing and managing customer expectations regarding service provision. Promotes effective, positive, and productive communication among team to ensure and maximize satisfaction of customer base. Manages customer accounts at a level that promotes goodwill, confidence and credibility in order to exceed customer expectations in terms of product, service, and support quality.
• In this role you may be called to identify revenue generating and cost saving opportunities, implements the Roche Diagnostics service agreement policy, and seeks out opportunities to market service contracts to existing customers
• Provides routine and non-routine technical support to existing customers, including operator troubleshooting training when needed.
• Completes and documents all service and customer account related reports, updates, and emails in a timely and professional manner, compliant to all company quality procedures and guidelines.
• Serves as valuable participant in Roche Diagnostics process improvement projects as available.
• Maintains expenses within departmental guidelines and controls inventory and all company property.