The Regional Account Specialist in Centralized Diagnostics is specialized in selling and promoting complex medical diagnostics capital equipment for a particular product line to customers in the territory. Implements sales plans designed to achieve established revenue and financial goals. Accounts are key, highly strategic, and have complex requirements.
Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development strategy for strategic accounts and ensures the strategy is executed. Sells the company's products or services to new accounts and/or expands existing accounts. Responsible for the development of new business opportunities or emerging areas. Focuses on critical, large, complex, highly visibile, strategic or tactically important accounts. Develops and presents comprehensive financial proposals and contracts which enhance profitability and protect margins. Works in coordination with Account Managers to call on prospective and current customers. Conducts demonstration sessions on product characteristics. Involves technical personnel to resolve customer issues and problems as needed. May participate in the establishment of sales targets and design of the territory's sales plan, manages sales expenses.
Has broad expertise or unique knowledge in the lab testing segment. Uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Viewed as an expert by the company and in the field. Has complete knowledge of all company products and services and may be tasked with sales/development of new or strategic products. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
May have a leadership role. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages and leads the development and implementation of capital equipment sales strategies to attain assigned sales objectives for highly strategic accounts
- Provides professional leadership in planning, organizing, and controlling balanced sales growth, continued account penetration, and customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes strong product/market knowledge and sales experience to manage complex sales and resolve customer questions and concerns.
- Continuously builds knowledge of current industry trends, competitive information, and industry/technical knowledge and shares with other Roche colleagues.
- Retains, extends, and acquires customers through effective identification of opportunities and the creation and implementation of solutions.
- Establishes and builds strong client relationships that allow for growth, profitability and predictability. Communicates with other relevant Roche functions to ensure needed sales support and delivery of programs/products.
- Leader on team and role model for CRM discipline and strategic use
- Overnight travel as needed, including short notice, to most effectively and efficiently cover territory while maximizing customer facing time.
Territory: All of Michigan and Toledo, OH