The Global Category Manager is a leadership role and responsible to maximize the value of third party purchases to Roche across a portfolio of goods and services for the assigned clinical category. This role will be the key global interface with stakeholders and procurement and functional peers across the Roche group. This role is responsible for developing and demonstrating in-depth knowledge of markets, suppliers, products and their cost drivers within this category. In addition, the Category Manager maintains category specific knowledge by analyzing, benchmarking the respective category and together with the business identifies the needs to develop strategies that enhance overall business values. The management of the Category Lifecycle includes development of the Category Strategy, Sourcing, Contract & Pricing Negotiations, Implementation and Supplier Management.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To develop and refine category strategy including determination, implementation and management of the applicable governance structure
- To liaison with Roche stakeholders (PD, pRED, gRED, GPS and GMA/gMED) to ensure that the category strategy is aligned
- Drives and is accountable for the global contracting process with suppliers safeguarding Roche’s best interests at all times. Sets strategies to manage pricing negotiations ensuring competitive market prices are applied. Will drive and contributes to the over departmental savings objectives.
- Benchmark and evaluate the market to identify potential suppliers. Strategically sources, allocates and manages preferred suppliers aligned with Roche’s guidelines and regulations. Fully drives/coordinates the Request for X (RFI, RFP) process.
- To maintain an oversight of the category including ongoing management of spend and demand (including identification of efficiency and value adding opportunities)
- Analyze Market, Category and Supplier, including financial risks, Spend history, trends, demands and forecasts
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology
- Facilitate senior level review and concurrence on sourcing strategies, including sponsorship and resource allocations.
- Facilitates and coordinates the implementation of the category strategy ensuring Roche’s Global Procurement Directives are met. Provides tools, support and guidance for effective spend and budget management practices.
- Manages supplier’s performance and performs risk management. Develops and maintains metrics of procurement i.e. key performance indicators and continuously improves the outcomes measured
- Decision-Making Authority: Commercial recommendations to business for supplier selection. Grants exceptions to bypass the procurement process. Reports non-compliant behaviour. Maintains accountability for commercial contract terms.
This position is not eligible for relocation.