Senior Clinical Program Leader - NORD (Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Diseases)
Purpose of the role:
- The Senior Clinical Program Leader (SCPL) NORD is accountable for the operational strategy, planning and execution of the clinical development portfolio up to LIP for the designated Discovery and Translational Area (DTA).
- This person provides the primary interface between the NORD DTA and pRED’s the Clinical Program Execution (CPEX) function in Clinical Operations, oversight for program and study management, line management of key operational roles.
- As a member of the NORD DTA Portfolio Committee (DTA-PC) and the Development Review Committee (DRC), the SCPL, NORD is empowered to make key operational strategic decisions and provide technical review on behalf of clinical operations.
- As member of these committees, the SCPL, NORD provides direction and therapeutic area operational expertise and ensures effective implementation.
- The SCPL, NORD is accountable for delivery of programs with respect to quality, timelines, budget and ensures resources from the sub-functions of CPEX are available to the DTA. The SCPL, NORD defines the clinical operations sourcing strategy for their designated DTA and is accountable for the placement of programs.
- This person will have a good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders and have oversight of the management of Key Accounts with investigators and academic centers.
- This person will contribute toward the design of pRED CDPs and clinical protocols to enable flexible and innovative development of operational strategies with appropriate scenario planning, which include forecasting of timelines, resources and budget, as well as program level feasibility assessment.
- The SPL NORD will have responsibility as line manager of CPLs, SL Team Leaders and Documentation Specialist for the designated therapeutic area:
- leading assessments/evaluations on topics that relate to study management and study leadership
- talent management and development of Study Leader group, change management, communication for leadership teams.