Responsible for providing medical leadership in Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing NIPT & Women’s Health to the Sequencing Unit as part of the medical affairs team within the Medical and Scientific Affairs Group.
Interactions will mainly be with the following groups: Regulatory, Quality, Assay Development, Marketing and Business Development.
- As part of the Medical Affairs team within Medical & Scientific Affairs the Medical Director is responsible for Knowledge Exchange in and outside the Organization:
- Serves as medical expert in oncology for the company, externally and internally and delivers presentations to customers
- Respond to unsolicited questions from physicians in accordance to Roche Dx SOPs, facilitate their needs of up to date scientific data, by ensuring they have the best quality available information
- Work with affiliate on knowledge exchange strategy and execution, including preparation of manuscripts and scientific papers in their therapeutic area
- Gives medical input into the business plans, market access strategies, guidelines, promotional materials and the selection of the most recent/appropriate claims
- As part of Medical Affairs team within Medical & Scientific Affairs the Medical Director is responsible for Data Generation & Scientific Support
- Receiving and reviewing IIS on its scientific value and relevance, and following-up with investigators, in accordance to all local laws and regulations
- Supports the development and penetration of the product through medical communications, scientific support for promotional activities and other related medical activities including, but not limited to studies, trainings, and medical information
- Create and execute medical strategy plan including medical activities such as advisory boards, medical congress symposia and other medical education projects
- Manage and or executes on publication strategy for publications/abstracts/reports/medical reviews and, if applicable, medical training materials.
- As part of the Medical Affairs team within Medical & Scientific Affairs the Medical Director is responsible for Strategic Partnerships
- Interact with HCPs to understand their views, preferences and interests and where Roche / GNE can partner with them to meet their needs where aligned with our strategies
- Help profile physician practices, needs, preferences and views of new data
- Determine physician interest in ongoing research and educational events
- Participate/support in the execution of regional advisory boards
- Acquire physician perspectives on competitive assays/ clinical studies
- Provide support to speakers on the development of materials