- Manages NIPT projects with or without subordinates:
- Responsible for establishing plans for areas of responsibility with input from senior management.
- Focusing on deliverables of own distinct areas and ensuring its objectives are aligned with NIPT and company-wide objectives.
- Conceiving and conducting advanced independent research/development experiments from project inception through product launch and field support.
- Recommending new or creative approaches, and expansion or curtailment of investigation based on scientific information.
- Assuming responsibility for timely completion of projects, consistent with project critical path, and responding appropriately to changing priories.
- Ensuring technical activities under delegated supervision are conducted within internal and external guidelines and regulations.
- Interacting with other departments and function teams to further the project goals
- Manages, records, and presents data:
- Accurately and consistently recording experimental method, materials, and results in eLN.
- Analyzing data, forming conclusions, and determining future experiments.
- Presenting findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal meetings.
- Applying advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents such as summaries, SOPs, DHFs, presentations and manuscripts.
Additional Responsibilities for Principal Scientist II
- Frequent contact with external resources and contacts at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects.
- Provides input to budget and helps to allocate expenditures efficiently for activities individual manages. Forecasts resource needs. Identifies opportunities to reduce costs.
- People management responsibility have full HR responsibility for direct reports and/or indirect reports
- Sets goals that have short-term (0-3) years positive impact on team members and the organization.