Roche Belgium is currently looking for a Public Policy Manager, who will report to the External Affairs Director. In this job you will serve as the primary liaison between Roche and local government officials, public and private agencies and associations to achieve optimal access to the Roche innovative drugs in a compliant way.
- Development and cultivation of important relationships with local government officials, elected officials and other decision-makers and relevant bodies across the country;
- Contribute to the development of the policy environment through consultation, education and discussion, and thereby enhance opportunities for access to current and developing Roche medicines;
- Act as spokesperson on healthcare financing, pricing and access.
This is done by:
- Focussing on public health policy issues relevant for the Roche brands, as well as the company at large, where appropriate;
- Developing/adapting and active communication of the Roche view on sustainable financing of innovative drugs;
- Engaging with a variety of stakeholders, including legislators and policy makers, healthcare professionals, academics and NGO’s on issues which have a significant impact on the availability of innovative medicines and personalized healthcare.
Further Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyse numerous public payer activities and trends, including coverage, and payment policies at the national level;
- Specifically: help recognize, assess, and communicate key policy issues that may impact Roche and the biotechnology industry in both the short- and long-term to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Focus on the impact of public sector trends and initiatives on Roche with respect to patient access, reimbursement, and customer satisfaction;
- Translate policy developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice and represent Public Policy at internal meetings;
- Manage projects effectively and efficiently, and will be required to take initiative to identify key issues and help organize and assist the efforts of other team members as appropriate.