Roche is the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) and tissue-based cancer diagnostics and a front-runner in diabetes management. Roche Sequencing is seeking a talented Bioinformatics scientist to collaborate with experimentalists on computational analyses and to build the underlying analysis algorithms that enable the approval of next-generation sequencing (NGS) IVDs to impact patients through personalized medicine.
Are you an adaptable programmer who can address some of the demands of technology development, and software prototyping? Are you excited about working with a group of scientists and engineers to harness the promises of next-generation sequencing technology to achieve unprecedented diagnostics in oncology? Do you have a strong desire to create code that helps clinicians to understand and interpret clinical diagnostics results from next-generation sequencing technologies?
- Development of algorithms and methods for next generation sequence analysis in Oncology
- Algorithm implementation and optimization using Java
- Bioinformatics tool prototyping using Python/Perl
- Collaboration with experimentalists to develop analysis tools for assay optimization
- Written and verbal presentation of data-driven analyses, results and methods
- Scientific programming and statistical analysis for clinical applications