Chief Compliance Officer
The Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) with the Compliance Officers network is committed to ensuring that the Roche Group Code of Conduct is consistently complied with throughout the Roche Group.
Chief Compliance Officer
The Chief Compliance Officer serves as a contact person for Roche employees, as well as for shareholders, business partners, customers and the general public on issues relating to the implementation of and compliance with the Roche Group Code of Conduct.
He coordinates and liaises with the local and regional Compliance Officers and strives to continuously improve Roche’s compliance program. This includes ensuring that examples of best practice are regularly shared network and that Compliance regulations and tools are continuously reviewed and updated. He also captures, tracks and monitors alleged violations reported by Compliance Officers resolution through an online business ethics incident reporting system (BEIR), until their resolution.
Our comprehensive Compliance Officer Network includes more than 140 local Compliance Officers located at our affiliates worldwide. They have the following responsibilities, in particular, but not limited to:
- ensuring that employees know where they can ask for help and advice if they have doubts about the correct business behaviour
- networking and collaborating with local, regional and global compliance experts in order to identify and take advantages of synergies between Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics/Diabetes Care
- coordination of local compliance endeavours, initiatives and training programs
- support and conduct compliance monitoring, compliance controls and compliance audits
- supporting local line management in integrity risk-management processes
- documenting all local ethical incidents and the steps taken to address them
- supporting Line Management in the adequate handling of local non-compliance cases, including reporting in the Business Ethics Incident Reporting system (BEIR)
- encourage employees to speak up in case of a compliance concern
Anyone who becomes aware of a potential violation of the Roche Group Code of Conduct can and should bring it to the attention of their line manager or supervisor, to the local Compliance Officer or the Chief Compliance Officer (Urs Jaisli, direct phone number: +41(0) 61 688 40 18).
Roche employees can also use the following reporting channels:
- The Roche Group Code of Conduct Help & Advice Line in case of compliance questions or uncertainties
- The Roche Group SpeakUp Line to report in good faith and anonymously a suspected violation, including a person they believe has done, is doing or may be about to do something that violates the Roche Group Code of Conduct. The reports will be treated as confidential and the reporting employees will not be penalised by the company for doing so, however, they are not immune from prosecution for legal violations. Every Speak Up report is taken serious. Any alleged violation is diligently investigated in order to evaluate whether or not the reported behaviour or activity violates our standards or applicable laws and regulations. Where appropriate, the alleged violation will result in corrective measures or sanctions, or both.